What is Networks
A network is a set of devices often uses as a nodes by communication links.This node can be a computer, printer or any other device which can send or receive message over network.Many networks use distributed processing system,that divides the work among multiple computers. One single large machine is responsible for all aspects of a process.A separate computers (personal computer or workstation) handle all things.
A network must be able to meet performance, reliability and security.
Performance is measure in many ways: including transmit time and response time.Transmit time is time in which our message transmit from one device to another.Response time is the elapse time between an inquiry and a response.The performance of a network depends on a number of factors.It includes the number of users,type of transmission medium.
It also include the capabilities of the connected hardware, and the efficiency of the software.Performance is often evaluated by two networking metrics,such as throughput and delay.We often need more throughput and less delay. However, both are contradict to each other.If we try to send more data to the network.It may increase throughput.But we increase the delay because of traffic congestion in the network.
- VPS Web Hosting Guide – Take your Server Experience To Next Level
- How To Track A Cell Phone Free-Trace Mobile Number Location
- How To Find IP (Internet Protocol) Address with 3 Different Ways
In addition to accuracy of delivery, network reliability is more important.It is measure in the frequency of failure.It is the time which requires to recover a link from a failure.It also help the network’s robustness in a catastrophe.
Network security means,it protect you from unauthorized access.It also help for protecting data from damage and development,implementing policies.It also help to recover data losses.
It is very necessary to define many network attributes.
Type of Connection:
A network is two or more devices connects together through links. A link connection is a communications pathway for transfering the message to all devices. For visualization purposes,imagine any link as a line drawn between two points. There are two possible types of connections:
Most point-to-point connections use an actual length of wire or cable.This cable connect the two ends.There is an other options, such as microwave or satellite links are also possible.
When you change television channels by infrared remote control.You are establishing a point-to-point connection between the television system and remote control.
A multi point is also known as multi drop connection. In this type of connection more than two specific devices share a single link.
In a multipoint environment, channel is share, either spatially or temporally.
- What is Ethical Hacking? Types Of Hackers In Hacking
- What is WordPress Managed Hosting, How it Works and Its Benefits
This term refers to the physically way in which a network is built.Two or more links combine to form topology.It is a geometric representation of all the nodes and linking devices to one another. There are many types of topology but main types are given below.
- Mesh Topology
- Star Topology
- Bus Topology
- Ring Topology
As the description of all topology are given below with their advantages.
In mesh topology,Every device have connection with all other devices in network.These node are connects with point-to-point connection. You can find the number of physical links in a fully connected mesh network,as nodes are n.As we know each node must be connected to every other node.So node 1 must be connected to n – I nodes.Node 2 must be connected to n – 1 nodes.
In the end, node n must connects to n -1 nodes.In this way we need n(n- 1) physical links.So you can find how many connection by given formula,
- Mesh opology guarantees that each node carry its own data.
- It eliminate the traffic problems that can occur when nodes share by multiple devices.
- When one node fail,it cannot affect the entire system.
- It provide full privacy or security.
- Data directly go to target device.
In this type of topology a main cable known as backbone wire is setup.All connection or devices connect to this cable to build a network.
- It’s cost very effective.
- Less cable is require for network topology.
- We can use in small networks.
- This topology is easy to understand.
- Easy to setup
- Easily expandable for new connection.
This is a type of topology to form network.In this network each device is connected to its next device and the last device is connect with first one to form network.
- High traffic or by adding more nodes cannot affect network.
- Only the nodes that have tokens can send data.
- It is Affordable and less expensive to install.
Another type is start topology.This type of network use centeralize device to form network.Mostly hub,router and switch are use to connects all other nodes.In this way a new network form using star topology.
- Its Performance is fast.
- More than 1 hub can be use to increase network.
- Any problem,easy to troubleshoot.
- Less expensive than mesh topology.
- Any node fail cannot effects other nodes even network.
You Can also find many other helping material.
2154 Views This